Ready to head out for your family’s next vacation? Well then drivers, start your engines for a review of the ten best vacation destinations for NASCAR fans and their families. Once you read why these cities are top destinations for a family like yours, you will kiss traditional vacations goodbye.
That’s right! While you may not be putting the pedal to the metal while driving off to the city that has your favorite beach or amusement park, once you arrive in these destinations you are guaranteed to find fun for the entire family. These cities offer things to do for children and adults alike!
Winner’s Circles of Vacation Destinations
Although there are many more than ten cities that host NASCAR races, in my opinion these towns are the most family-friendly, which makes each one is a winner’s circle in its own right. Perhaps one of them is home to your favorite NASCAR track, or will inspire you to head off on a different kind of vacation.
10. Sonoma Raceway, Sonoma, CA – Although notorious for wineries that moms and dads will undoubtedly love, Sonoma is also home to kid-friendly attractions such as the Traintown Railroad, Maxwell Fun Center, and historic Mission San Francisco Solano.
9. Charlotte Motor Speedway, Concord, NC – This kid-friendly city is home to Carowinds, an amusement park that is fun for the entire family. Take some time out before or after the race to visit the Carolinas Aviation Museum or the Victory Lane Indoor Karting Center.
8. Darlington Raceway, Darlington, SC – Head to nearby Florence, SC and enjoy Amusements of America amusement park and video game. And if you play golf then you are in luck, because South Carolina offers some of the most beautiful courses on the east coast.
7. Martinsville Speedway, Ridgeway, VA – The Stonehaus Farms petting ranch offers a nice balance of quiet, family friendly activity compared to the excitement of NASCAR racing. But if you’re eager to keep the excitement going, head to Tommy’s Amusements or one of the many miniature golf courses in the area.
6. Bristol Motor Speedway, Bristol, TN – This city offers so much fun for kids and their parents, like Lunar Mini Golf, which has a course lit up by black lights, river tubing, bowling, and the Earth Science Museum.
5. Talladega Speedway, Lincoln, AL – Nearby Birmingham offers the city zoo, McWane Science Center, and a Day Out with Thomas the Tank Engine, which is a crowd pleaser with families of all ages.
4. Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indianapolis, IN – What isn’t there to do in Indy for kids and their parents? The city offers a children’s museum, a zoo, an IMAX theatre, a discovery center, an indoor water park, and a firefighters museum, just to name a few of the long list of family-friendly treasures.
3. Richmond International Speedway, Richmond, VA – This city offers a seemingly endless array of options for kids including two nearby major amusement parks – Busch Gardens and Paramount’s King’s Dominion. Inside the city itself families enjoy attractions like Geometry Park, Shrader Lanes bowling, and Jumpology.
2. Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Las Vegas, NV – Las Vegas offers more than just gambling and shows for grown-ups. Families enjoy attractions such as Adventure Canyon theme park, Red Rock Canyon park, the Stratosphere Tower, and the Pinball Hall of Fame.
1. Daytona International Speedway, Daytona Beach, FL – This city ranks number one for NASCAR families for many reasons. It is close to the beach, offers a children’s museum, parasailing, family fun centers, water parks, Civil War historic sites, and the Haunts of Daytona Walking Tour.
As you can see, heading off to a NASCAR race offers so much more than watching racecars zipping around the circle track at breakneck speeds. As driver Jimmie Johnson once shared, “NASCAR fans are very knowledgeable and very passionate.” However they should not limit that knowledge and passion to the sport itself.
When heading to a NASCAR race, plan to spend a couple of extra days in the city before or after the event with your family, and research what attractions are available in the local area. In addition to seeing live racing action, you have the chance to have a vacation filled with wonderful memories for your entire family.
Successful freelancer and internet marketer Mark Harris loves working from the comfort of his own laptop, whether at home or his favorite coffee shop. It allows him to visit sites like www.itisallaboutsports.com where he keeps up with the latest sports news. When he needs a break, Mark leaves work behind and heads to local spots along Canada’s west coast where he enjoys kayaking and hiking.